Tuesday, May 31, 2011

United Spanxs of America

Before college, I vaguely knew spanx and other bodyshapers existed and thought that I knew their purpose - to hold in fat...duh. However, I went from thinking that they were for people who had an awful lot to hold in, to becoming a faithful follower.

It all happened one Halloween in college when an acquaintance-turned-friend, who was as lithe as the day is long, decided to be Uma Thurman from Kill Bill in a form-fitting yellow jumpsuit. We walked into their apartment and there she was, fighting with her girdle. Why you ask would a 110 lb. dancer need a girdle? Well because that bodysuit left nothing up to the imagination and getting the sleek look that Uma sported, was not possible in the suit alone.

And thus began my spanxs journey... After countless outfit changes and tight-fitting dresses, worn only on days when I skipped lunch and a week after my period, I discovered my first bodyshaper. No longer are they limited in my mind to being for BBW, but are meant to be worn after eating one too many scoops of ice cream/cookies/tacos/margaritas. I discovered that I can wear that tight-fitting tank-top with no jiggly bits, which = #winning. Now bodysuits and bandage dresses are no match for my trusty undie-tectables.


1 comment:

  1. I discovered the magic of gut-suckers YEARS ago! Nice to see I'm not alone! Viva la spanx!

    ReplyDelete