Thursday, May 12, 2011

McDonalds - I'm lovin' it...literally.

Each morning is a struggle in the Newman-Edwards home. Not only is it a tremendous task to drag myself out of bed, but then I'm faced with finding a work appropriate outfit and washing my hair all in the same day - which is why some days I look like the only working girl with clean hair on Mechanic Street and others it seems that the smartly dressed reporter should probably reconsider her hygiene regimen.

But I digress.

Due to my stressful mornings, I normally do not make coffee at home and am therefore forced to either drink the asbestos-laced sludge that my co-workers call coffee, or stop for a delicious iced coffee, black, no cream, no liquid sugar from the nearest McDs.

Each time I pull into the drive-through and hear that high-pitched slightly nasal voice, I know that a world of red-headed kindness awaits my transaction. Yes, Darlene is the highlight of my mornings.

I love Darlene and here are three reasons why:

1. On any given Monday she is the only pleasant person I encounter until noon.
2. She always gets my order right. There's never any question as to why I do not want 2 cups of half and half and 1 cup of liquid fat added to my delicious black beverage. Ask and ye shall receive.

and most importantly....

3. She ends every transaction with "Have a nice day baby."

She has no discrimination between the working girl with clean hair, the truck full of construction workers or the lawyer in his Audi - we are all her babies and she makes it known every day.

Thank you Darlene for making my horrendous mornings a bit more bearable and for always being your baby - when Paul/my mother/my grandmother and my bank teller all hate me since most mornings my personality is that of a troll.

No comments:

Post a Comment