Monday, May 9, 2011

Open letter to Hallmark

Dear Hallmark -

I want to start by thanking you for your quality sentiments that always seem to have the right wording when I don't know how to say "Happy Birthday/Thank you/They found Osama bin Laden."


I want to secondly express my disappoint. When creating your cards, you take into consideration all walks of life: "Happy Birthday to a super-fab Husband! Love your more-fab husband!,"¡feliz cumpleaƱos! Muchacho" and "Sorry we haven't seen each other in years, here's a Big Burrito gift card - love dad" 


One category that you've seemingly forgotten this Mother's Day are the procrastinators. How am I supposed to provide my mother with a 4-day fashionably late Mother's Day card and consolation candle when you pull them from the shelves?!


Imagine my shock when while in Martin's the day after Mother's Day I am diligently shopping for a Mother's Day card, to give my mother and they have all be replaced with Father's Day Cards even though it is not until June 19.  Rude.


In the future I ask that you give us procrastinators, who end up working 11 hours on Mother's Day, the opportunity to redeem ourselves with paper gifts.


Sincerely a disgruntled customer,
Emily J. Newman III

1 comment:

  1. Just scratch out dad and any beard referrals & write in Mom...maybe she won't notice!!

    ReplyDelete